The fog is slowly lifting - Update

I shared a bit of an update on my other blog so i thought i'd update here as well.

Since I my check up in Paris last October, I have been existing in a fog. Not living, but simply existing making it from one day to the next. For the past 9 months I have been suffering from headaches and dizzy spells and extreme exhaustion (wake up exhausted, drag myself through my day, nap and drop into a coma like sleep at night). I tried every thing, I changed my diet, cut out Gluten completely, i took my vitamin supplements religiously, i tried exercise. Nothing helped. 

My Physician sent me to do every test imaginable, we were able to quickly rule out Brain tumor or aneurysm, but none of the treatments he tried helped. I had so much blood drawn ( my Iron was back to acceptable levels), i did an MRI and a CT Scan, then finally I was sent to the cardiologist to check my heart (everything is A-OK there) and monitor my Blood Pressure for 24 hours and after an awkward 24 hours especially at work we finally found the culprit! 

I've always had low BP but it had dropped too low and was causing the tiredness, headaches and dizziness.

So yet another treatment was prescribed, yet more meds are being taken and I'm finally emerging from that fog, I can see the light at the far end of the tunnel and although I'm not not back to my usual self, I am able to do the things I enjoy, go out without feeling like I'm about to faint at any moment, get up or change direction without having to steady myself , attend community events, photograph my beautiful island and not have to spend the following day in bed. 

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Gigi. I was looking for your email address someplace but could not find it. I wanted to reach out because you and I have near identical stories. I was 28 when I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and would love to connect. My email address is megan.drescher@gmail.com. Drop me a line if you've got time. I would love to draw on your strength because you inspire me so much. (like you- I am also an avid photographer...) Hope to hear from you soon.

Megan
GigiSxm said…
Nice to Meet you Megan. I will drop you a line.
heather.keller2014@yahoo.com said…
Gigi, I was so glad to com across your blog. I was diagnosed stage III in Dec 2011, had the Whipple January 31, 2012 and half the chemo prescribed for stage 4 colon cancer. You may not realize it, but just the fact that you have long surpassed the 5 year mark was enough for me! I was looking for the "after affects" of post whipple and found you. It appears you have much more going on than I have. My symptoms are back pain in the original sight and lower abd pain around the ovary? or appendix. they also have found nothing after CTs, ultra sounds, and it is scary. I hope to still be complaining about my mystery pains in eight years! I mean that in a good way. Hope to find your blog again.
GigiSxm said…
I hope you have many years ahead of you as well. The very reason I created this blog was to provide what I could not find when I was first diagnosed. A ray of hope, someone out there that defied the odds, complaints and all.