Paris - Mission: save my pancreas


What do I do when i'm between a rock and a hard place??? Well I push with all my might until something gives!

I went to my GP and requested he set up a second opinion for me in the mainland (France) a month later here I am, sitting at a friend's apartment in Paris about to go under the knife in a few days.

The doctor's here agree with my GP and I, that I should keep the partially functioning Pancreas (It's not secreting enzymes but it is secreting insulin). The problem doesn't lie with the pancreas anyway, it's the connection between the pancreas and stomach that's 'partially collapsed' and 'ill'.

The easy way out for the surgeon would be to remove the pancreas (that's what the surgeon here said) but it's not easy on the patient. I'm only 34 what would my quality of life be with full blown severe diabetes?

So on 09/15 i go under the knife once more....


Comments

gibber said…
My thoughts are with you Gigi. Hugs to you.
GigiSxm said…
thank you
Anonymous said…
Gigi
Best of luck. we'll be thinking of you
Barbara
GigiSxm said…
Thank you Barbara
Oh sweety, I didnt realise you were having any problems :( Will be thinking of you, and hope it all goes well xxx
Gigi, hope your surgery and recovery go well.

Gibber's sister.
Unknown said…
Good luck G, m'dear. I really hope this works! I'll be thinking of you today and as you recover. Feel well soon - you have to- you're in Paris!
Anonymous said…
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Gilda
Unknown said…
Gigi, best of luck with your recovery!
Honey said…
Thinking of you and praying for you!
Anonymous said…
Gigi
I am approaching my first post whipple anniversary on sept 14th and like you I am a survivor. Its been horrible but I am still here. Hope you are still Ok love Jeanette in Uk