May update


Well an updated is well overdue here, isn't it?  I've been back to work since early January and it's good to be back at work. Getting out of the house daily and having social interactions has done wonders. Having something else to focus on besides illness is a good thing. But that return to work was met with new pains that started when i went back to work and have persisted.  The pains have been diagnosed as colitis.

My diet has been altered to accommodate this new occurrence in the hope of reducing the symptoms so that means:
No fruit or veggies, no salad or sauces,
No fatty meats or cold cuts ,
No smoked or salted fish or canned. Fried or frozen prepared meals
No Soft cheeses
No whole wheat breads or dried veggies or fruit
No chocolate, pastries, cream cakes chocolate milk
No lard, or heavy cream

And I a whole new slew of Meds. Meds to help me digest, to help with gas and bloating .  I've been prescribed ibupufren which I avoid taking. I try to avoid pain meds as much as I humanly can. Masking the pain is not treating the cause of the pain.

So all of this leads me back the the hospital and the OR.

 As i type this i'm sitting in my cardiologist waiting room. where they are running behind on the appointments, like hours behind apparently they got a few emergencies. And as I get here I'm told rather non-challantly that my appointment has been postponed (no call to tell me this before I drive out here, but I digress). My appointment can't be rescheduled as I go into the hospital tomorrow for a colonoscopy and this test is pre-requisit.

A colonoscopy. A Colonoscopy!

I feel like I'm on a merygoround trying to get off on the next stop and they just won't let me. So here I am hoping they find something and at the same time hoping they don't.  Have you ever been in the position where either option doesn't really let you off the hock? If they find nothing: then what's causing the pain? And I have developed over the years a pretty high tolerance for pain. And If they do find something then 'here we go again'.

So it's all pretty much up in the air right now.

But I'm hopeful.  I always try to approach these challenges with Faith, a positive attitude and a healthy dose of humor. So I'll leave you with this little gem I found on the Internet that I think is pretty fitting.




Comments

CuriosiTo said…
I wish you increased strength to continue to thrive through it all.
Unknown said…
Hi there!

How's it going, I'm in same situation