Update: Back to Work

I think it's time for a little update on how i'm doing. After over a year on sick leave I'm back at work part time. It's been a month now. It's great to be back at work, interacting with people, having conversations that have nothing whatsoever to do with anything medical. Although it is hard on me physically it's doing wonders for me mentally to have other focus besides being sick. I can't do full days yet and the half days are painful and exhausting and exhilarating all at the same time.

I'm not back to all my adventures yet, or hiking or acting or anything strenuous or that puts demands on me.

Some people don't get it, 'but you look great!' I've heard time and time again. I'm still healing. This is all going to have to go at my pace.

I'm happy with the progress I've made. Driving to work that first morning was more difficult than i'd expected. I kept getting flash back of the previous year where I barely made it one week back at work before I was in the ER once again. My coworkers are similarly traumatized and not a day goes by I don't get questions/looks of concern. Concern that I appreciate dearly.

Why go back to work? Besides the fact that I don't own a money tree? Well I can't spend the rest of my life as a shut in or a recluse. I'm too young to give up on living. Besides it's just not part of my personality to give up or give in. The adventure will continue, baby steps....... :)

XO
Gigi

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow. What a testimony. Your journey has encouraged me to be supportive of my Mother. She is a survivor and everyday we have is even more valuable since she was diagnosed in Dec. 2011. Shar
GigiSxm said…
Thank you Shar. I hope your mom is doing well. I wish her strength and health.