Headed back to Paris



Feels like 'deja vu', yet so much has happened since the last time I went to Paris in search of a second opinion. My Pancreas is suffering once more, major canal is blocked same as in 2010 and according to the surgeon that performed my Whipple in 2005 1 of 4 options are available to me in my present condition. But nothing can be done here in the Caribbean. So off to France I go once more.

Here are my options
- either my pancreas is left to die a slow and painful death, after which i'll be diabetic, insuline and all.
- it's removed completely , then i become a diabetic at 36 (i woke up from the coma convinced i was 38 i had to double check before typing 36 i still don't believe it)
- or they perform the same procedure as in 2010 (cut off the part that blocked up and reconnect)
- or go in laproscopicaly and put in a stint.

I don't know what awaits me, I'm worried. I pray for peace of mind and that if surgery is the option, that i will survive it.

Comments