Saying Thank you

How do you say 'Thank you for saving my life'? I struggled with this for the past 3 months and finally sat at my computer wrote heart felt letters to my Doctors Dr Legroux (who by all accounts labored to keep me alive) Dr Lebreton (who flew in commando style, hooked me up to the ECMO machine and flew me out to Martinique) and the staff of  the various hospitals and wards where i have soujourned in for the past 2 surgeries. Martinique: ICU and Surgical ward and St Martin: Medical and Surgical ward and the ER.

I went through my 10000 picture gallery and selected a few of my favorites to print poster size 



While hospitalized i realized how sad and stern the waiting rooms were and decided on the poster size pics to hopefully brigthen up the place and bring comfort to the families as they wait to see their loved ones or to provide a little beauty in the staff rooms/offices. Depending on where they decide to put them up.

 Tubes ready to be mailed out (3) and delivered (2) I framed  Dr Legroux's poster

And to sweeten the deal, during those long hours on shift i knew the staff could use an energy boost a little something to sweeten the day so i bought some candy and mini chocolate bars and baskets and made little candy baskets for the staff to snack on. Well i could only do that for the local hospital as i could hand deliver those. The Martinique hospital got only the letter and posters, no candies.


I was so concerned the night before and all that day after i delivered them, did i forget anyone? how will it be received? So much anxiety for nothing as the gesture was well received especially the candy.

Comments