Cardiologist and Sleep Apnea

I've started having sleepless nights before my Doctors visits..... not good. I had one of those sleepless nights prior to my last visit with the cardiologist. Little did i know i needn't worry because i everything went well. My heart is back to normal, i get to go back to my normal activities, i can run, jump, skip and hike again. Well i got the all clear from the Cardiologist, my GP has yet to give me that green light.

We discussed the sleep apnea issue which he said was due to the fact that i was in the hospital, post-op, post-anesthesia. He didn't think it was an ongoing problem. I asked to be tested so we could know once and for all. I got to go home with a little machine that would monitor me overnight as i slept. Given that i hadn't slept the night before i slept soundly with the machine. I got a call a few days later from the cardiologist office, after they'd had the opportunity to review the data. I got the all clear there too. No Apnea. So one less thing to worry about.

Physically I'm getting stronger. I still have pain when I've sat or stood too long, or even walk a bit too much. That will work itself out in time as my core strengthens.

What's troubling is the fact that i have abdominal pain after meals. My GP has prescribed a treatment that relieves or rather soothes the pain. I'm at a place right now where I'm content with treating the symptoms for now. I have done some testing that have shown nothing out of the ordinary. More invasive testing will be needed to get to the bottom of it. I'm not mentally ready to deal with the fact that that pain might lead to more surgery. So for now I'm taking more meds, they aren't pain meds so I'm ok with it. I don't like taking pain meds for extended periods.

Comments