7 years Cancer free today!!!

Seven years ago today i was taken into surgery. After an 8 hour marathon surgery (do the doctors take breaks? I had two surgeons, did they work in shifts?) the malignant tumor was out as well as half of my pancreas, half of my stomach, some intestine, my gall bladder.

That was the beginning of a pretty long journey. After that i changed my life. I was still the same loving daughter, active person in my Church and  community, but i started living a little more for myself. I stopped putting off 'living life' until a later date. Putting off the things i always wanted to do and experience. I realized i may never get a 'later'. That's been the best decision I've made yet! Life is such a treasure and we spend so much of it just going through the motions. I now savor every moment!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations! Celebrate life!
Barbara
Anonymous said…
Hi. I am always glad to find someone who survived pancreatic cancer. I lost my mom on November 16, 2008 to this horrible disease. I wish you all the best that life has to offer. May you remain cancer free. Take care,
Anonymous said…
Hi. I am always happy to find somone who has survived pancreatic cancer. I lost my mom to this horrible disease on November 16, 2008. I wish you all the best that life has to offer. May you always be cancer free.