Thoughts

(Google image)

Sometimes this is just how I feel.


There are days when I just wish I didn't have to be careful of what I eat, That i can have a glass of champagne to celebrate with a loved one without my pancreas hurting the next day. I sometimes wish I didn't have remember to take my meds (or pay for it dearly later), I wish that I can do strenuous physical activity without having to think twice. Although I don't presently have Cancer, it's never far from my mind. The other night as I was changing for bed, I'd had pain on my left side all afternoon, I chalked it up to regular post Whipple digestion issues, and knew that if I waited it out eventually the pain would go away once the food was digested. So back to me getting ready for bed.... I look down at my abdomen and realize that same painful area is now swollen, noticeably so! Now what do I do? Well it was almost midnight and short of going to the ER there was nothing I could do. The next day the swelling and pain were gone. The next evening both were back.... I hadn't been careless and lifted anything heavy, but I'd done some housework the day before and then lots of cooking (standing) for a party i was having the next day. So yeah... I'd like a life where the consequence of cleaning my apartment doesn't scare me half to death. I know this is just regular after effects of this last surgery, as the years pass, i will get stronger.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not feeling down, I'm well aware that every day I wake up alive (as opposed to waking up dead...Inside family joke) is a gift.... I'm just a little weary I guess.

A little apprehensive as well as my one year post-op appointment is approaching. I'm headed back to Paris yall!!! While exited to go back to Paris this October, I'm also apprehensive, was I careful enough? All that hiking, kayaking and Ziplining, was it wise? See my other blog for all the fun stuff. Was that swelling and pain a sign that something is wrong?

Sometimes I just wish I didn't have to consider/worry about these things..... Just sometimes.... 99.9% of the time I'm just happy to be among the living.



Comments

Anilu said…
Hi Corina,

My name is Ana, I'm from Mexico and I'm 30 years old, almost 3 years algo I had a pancreatic surgery, they took more than half of my pancreas and the blood. Reading your blog I realize that there is other people of my age living similar things. I have a normal life but I also worry for so many little things that people wouldn't understand. Some times I have good days and other times not so good. Its good to express in your blog how you feel, there is not much people out there with this experiencie. Today I couldn't sleep for a minor pain and I started to search on the internet, what next after surgery? Is difficult to live with a body that is not the same anymore and get to know it well. just wanted to share my experience with you. Hope you get better with time. Ana
GigiSxm said…
Hi Ana,
Thanks for reading and sharing your experience with me. It's comforting to know that there is someone else out there who can relate.
Followed you from your comment at NYC/Caribbean ragazza...so inspiring! Hope all is well xx
GigiSxm said…
Thanks Michel.