5 years post op - officialy a 5%er

Yes I made it to the 5 year mark. Only 5% of Pancreatic cancer survivors live beyond the 5 year mark.

I'm happy to report that at my check up there were no signs of cancer. It was a very weepy check up. It was the big one, the five year mark and although i tried to play it cool, when the day came i was a crying mess. Why? I just needed my tests to come back clear. This test more than any other of the dozens i've done over the past year.

I have other issues such as Chronic pancreitis that has my GP concerned and calling Martinique for assistance, but i just wanted to take the time out to commemorate this mile stone.

5 years ago today, I was on an operating table having half my pancreas, half my stomach and all my gall bladder removed. 5 years ago I dodged a huge bullet. 5 Years ago I got a new lease on life.

Today I live!

Comments

Steph (France) said…
Congratulations !

I arrived here searching for informations about this cancer.
A friend of mine is actually dipped in a coma, in very bad conditions.
Thank you for giving me hope.

5%... !!
GigiSxm said…
that's why i started this blog. to give some hope as so much of the information out there is so dismal. I hope your friend pulls thru. Blessings
Gisele
Michel said…
Congratulations!

May God bless you and keep you for many more years.
GigiSxm said…
Thanks Michel