Recovery

So I think recovery wise I should be further along and my GP thinks I'm doing just great. I've always been pretty active and I'm no longer that active person I so vividly remember. That's been difficult, now that I actually feel better and want to do things I have to come to terms with the fact that I can't and just need to be patient until I'm able to again.

I was chided in church yesterday and rightfully so by a friend of mine for having my God child and her little cousin bouncing a both knees at the end of service. My stomach was swollen the rest of the afternoon. I can't help missing and wanting to horse around and run after the kids, the older ones understand most times but the younger ones miss active Gigi and so do I.

I had a scare two weeks ago, I started feeling ill nausea, diarrhea and I thought I'd have to be hospitalized again but it turns out it was only a stomach virus. My doctor told me that I should not always think the worse. Stuff like this will always hit me harder than others. He put me on meds and I'm better now. Just making my merry way in this life.

My second consultation with the Oncologist was November 16th 2005. I flew up and stayed with Marie-Andre and her son for a week we had a good time but it was hectic with me going back and forth as the hospital changed my appointment to the 17th without informing me (another patient had his moved up and missed it!) And there was a strike going on. My oncologist was on strike too and I was assigned to another. He asked me the usual questions while examining me and when I told him I hadn't had any kids yet he said you can you know and putting his hand on my scar said that 'this' can't/shouldn't stop you. Which was sweet and brought tears to my eyes. So needless to say I'm more than happy with my new oncologist. So he reviewed the scans and blood work and told me everything is ok. He wrote me a script for my 6mo scans and gave me an appointment to see him again in a year (instead of 6mo) as I have to fly up each time. If my 6mo (in May) scans are good then I see him in November, if not I see him much earlier.

I'll also be under a gastro-enterologist's care after my 6mo scans as well.

I've been blowing the mind of the medical profession. Starting with my surgeons and everyone in the medical field I've come in contact with. When having my scans done for my 6mo check up the technician was doing his thing, then he stops comes over to me with a concerned look on his face, he adjusted me on the table then sent me thru again, he came back and told me he couldn't find my gall bladder, I told him with a smile that that's was normal as I'd had it removed.

Comments