Eating habits

So as I mentioned before I can eat everything and anything just not in large quantities and I do have to keep my eye on my sugar and grease intake. I have noticed that too many spices are great going in - not so great coming out.

I still get nausea sometimes and diarrhea, but that's usually a sign that something's wrong.

I'll have to take the enzyme supplements forever but I'd like to try cutting out the gas pills again. I tried once and it didn't go over to well and the doctor put me on new ones. These seem to be milder. I should be eating 5 small meals a day but quite honestly eating is sometimes a turn off (due to nausea) so I only eat 3 small meals a day which allows for gas build up. A meal can be fruit, yogurt etc...

My portion size is now smaller than average. An average sized meal is now 2 or even 3 meals for me.

My goal is to increase the number of meals I'm having per day without causing any discomfort (difficulty digesting / nausea/ bloating) so I'll have to do it gradually, until I no longer need the gas pills.

I also need to up my veggy, fruit and water intake. Multi vitamins won't hurt.

So I've given myself goals...

Comments

Just Gina said…
Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I've had problems for a while now with digestion and on so many medications but I feel like more is wrong so I'm switching doctors. I was even told I had stones at one point, one second they were going to be removed, the next visit they said not to worry abou tit they'll be fine. When I exercise (which they all say I should keep doing) the reflux and pain in my abdomen gets so much worse. Also I've noticed my nails have vertical lines or folds in them..did you notice anything in your nails or other symptoms besides the bloating and gas and such before? Really all of my pains seem to be digestive, but the pain is so intense it doesn't seem right that it's just gastritis or that it's effecting my nails. Any insight you can provide is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Gina
GigiSxm said…
Hi Gina,
This particular post deals with the eating issues i had post surgery.

Here are the symptoms i had pre-diagnosis:
weight gain
bloating of the abdomen
problems digesting (pain, nausea,
vomiting)
reflux
lower back pain
another 'symptom' i was having was that the white part of my eyes were yellow. I was jaundiced.
And my nails were brittle

I pray that's not what you have. You may just have pancreitis.

Let me know how it all turns out.